Foxconn it is not (although recent photos on TLN partner The Atlantic suggest Foxconn isn’t as shabby as some had thought). Images of the new office of a Chinese start-up have been making the rounds on China’s social media. Readers can judge for themselves whether it’s time for Google to get an upgrade.
1. Stairs are for wimps–You have the choices of a rock wall, a slide, or a fire station-style pole.
2. Free soda!
3. Secret meeting rooms (not sure what the policy is on office romance).
4. You don’t have to murder your lungs in a back alley, you can do it on a nice terrace designated for this purpose.
5. Rain forest atrium with a talking parrot.
6. Open bar of mango smoothie, strawberry milkshake, mojitos and… unbelievably expensive cat poop coffee, for free!
7. Two top chefs–one specializing in Chinese food and another in French.
8. The urinals are arranged according to your zodiac sign. Virgos are in trouble–their designated urinal is placed high up the wall because Yao Ming is a Virgo.
9. It’s bring your pets to work day, everyday. Cats and dogs are kept on different floors, thankfully.
10. Rooftop barbecue with free flowing beer.
11. Nap room!!
12. Treadmill, yoga instructors, ping-pong tables (this being China) and a badminton court.
13. Game on with XBox, Kinect, Wii and PS3.
14. Free haircut, massage and manicure.
15. 5-minute walk to the 798 Art Zone, where employees can pay for their own mojito or cat poop coffee.